What Should I Do After My Loss?
Your business, large or small, is filled with things that help you make a living. We know how important it is to get it back to normal so you can get on with your life. Here are a few simple things you can do to help speed up that process.
- Quickly report the claim to ERIE. You can file a commercial insurance claim by contacting your Agent, one of ERIE's branch offices or you can file it online. We have adjusters available 24/7 – ready to help you. And, the sooner you report the loss, the faster we can get moving on your claim.
- Protect your business from additional damage. For example, you could stop the water from leaking by shutting off the valve, place buckets in rooms with water leaks, hang plastic over damaged areas to prevent water from leaking into your building or board up broken windows.
- Don’t discuss liability with other parties who may be at fault. If your loss involves a liability claim, do not talk with the other parties about who may have been at fault. Instead, gather information about who was involved (name, address, phone numbers, etc.), and promptly report your claim to us.
- Make a list of what is damaged. Include details, such as the brand name, manufacturer, serial number and approximate price you paid, when possible. Organize your list by room.
- Maintain a list of repair expenses. Keep track of the time that you spend cleaning up or repairing your business. Also, record any money you’ve spent on materials to fix the damage temporarily. It’s important that you don’t make any permanent repairs until your ERIE adjuster has seen the damage.