Your Auto Insurance
Your life. Your insurance. Your ride.
March 5, 2010
Everything you need to know to get the most from your coverage
You’ve heard of a sweet ride. How about a sweet insurance policy?
Just like your car—whether it’s a hardworking hybrid or a Mommyvan on the move—your auto insurance should reflect your needs and your lifestyle.
That’s the benefit of having ERIE auto insurance. ERIE policies have built-in extras that make it the right fit for you, without a lot of extra cost:
- Advice from a local ERIE Agent
- Superior claims service
- 12-month auto policies (that means fewer policy changes for you)
- Pet injury coverage*
- Transportation expenses immediately following a covered comprehensive loss, up to $20 a day
- $50 in locksmith coverage if you lock your keys in your car
- No collision deductible if you’re in an accident with another ERIE Customer**
- No deductible if you repair a damaged windshield
- First accident forgiveness for qualifying drivers
*Not available in New York, North Carolina or Illinois at this time
**Not available in North Carolina
How to qualify for discounts
Your money belongs in your wallet. That’s why we work hard to keep our prices as low as possible. We also have a variety of discounts you can earn. Here’s how:
- Be a safe driver: ERIE offers a Safe Driver Discount for new Customers who are claims- and violation-free for the past three to five years (varies by state).
- Stay with us: The longer you’re with us, the more you’ll save when you add your teenage driver to your policy with our Youthful Driver Longevity Discount. We also have an age 55 and over discount.
- Have a safe car: Discounts are available for having car safety equipment like: passive restraints such as factory-installed automatic seat belts or air bags, anti-theft devices and anti-lock brakes on all car wheels.
- Insure cars together: A Multi-Car Discount is available if you insure two or more cars with ERIE. All of the vehicles must be owned and used by a named insured and/or relatives residing in the same household.
- Bundle your insurance: If you have a home policy or qualifying life insurance policy (not available in New York) from ERIE in addition to your auto insurance, you’ll earn our Multi-Policy Discount.
This is just a sampling of discounts available. Talk to your ERIE Agent to see which you might qualify for.
Need more options? Got ’em.
You can further customize your ERIE auto policy with additional protection right for you:
ERIE’s Auto Enhancement Endorsement* offers a diminishing deductible. That means that for each consecutive claims-free year you have with us, we’ll reduce your deductible by $100 (maximum $500). You’ll also have increased coverage limits for things like emergency travel and personal effects.
The New Auto Security Coverage Endorsement** is an option if you’re thinking about a new car. The coverage helps protect against depreciation for up to two years in case you’d have to replace it after an accident. If you’re shopping, talk to your Agent about how to add this to your policy.
Road Service Coverage pays for reasonable towing and labor costs if your car breaks down.
**Not available in North Carolina
**Not available in New York or North Carolina
What’s next in auto insurance
In several states, ERIE recently introduced our new Rate Protection Endorsement. The endorsement allows you to lock in your auto rate until you’re ready to make a change to the policy. That’s right—your premium won’t increase until you change drivers, vehicles or your address. The endorsement is currently available in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee and Wisconsin. Additional states are planned for the remainder of the year.
*The printed version of this information contained a misprint. The following feature and endorsement are not available in North Carolina:
- No collision deductible if you’re in an accident with another ERIE Customer
- Auto Enhancement Endorsement
The following endoresment is not available in New York or North Carolina:
- New Auto Security Coverage Endorsement