Going Green: By the Numbers
May 12, 2011
- 3 trillion. Gallons of water that can be saved each year if every household installed water-efficient appliances.
- 3. The number of hours your television can run on the energy saved by recycling just one aluminum can.
- 20. The number of trees that can be saved by recycling one ton of paper.
- 14,000. Gallons of water that can be saved per year by upgrading to a 1.6 gallon or less toilet.
- 75. Percentage of energy that can be saved by using Energy Star Compact Fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) compared to standard incandescent bulbs.