Rental Property Coverage for Landlords – ErieSecure
If you're a landlord, an ErieSecure RentalSM Policy1 from Erie Insurance offers coverage to help protect your rental properties. The coverage is similar to homeowners insurance, but it's tailored to meet your needs.
The coverage provides:
- Guaranteed replacement cost2 loss settlement for the dwelling. (With guaranteed replacement cost, the property will be covered in full if it's damaged or destroyed.)
- Replacement cost loss settlement for personal property. (Replacement cost is today's cost to replace the personal property with materials of like kind and quality.)
- Comprehensive coverage for the dwelling, other structures and personal property. (This provides protection against losses such as fires, lightning, windstorms or hail.)
- Premises liability protection for personal injury, bodily injury, property damage and medical payments.
Other Optional Coverages to Consider
You can expand your protection beyond the standard Rental Property Coverage with the Rental Policy Plus endorsement. This optional coverage lets you increase your policy limits even more for things like:
- Trees, shrubs, plants and lawns
- Debris removal
- Siding and/or roofing restoration coverage
- Fair rental value (If your tenant has to move out because of a loss, ERIE pays you for the lost rental income.)
- Payment for an automatic garage door opener
- Lock replacement after a loss
- Loss assessment (If a housing association charges an assessment to members, coverage is available.)
- Ordinance or law coverage
- Identity Recovery Coverage, including identity theft management services, expense reimbursement and fraud coverage.
And, Erie Insurance will waive the policy deductible for any loss from a covered peril, such as a fire, exceeding $50,000.
Additional Coverages to Consider
Some other options to add to your policy to protect your property:
- Earthquake coverage
- Sewer or drain backup coverage
- Sinkhole coverage
- Mine subsidence coverage (not available in all states)
Your local ERIE Agent can help you choose the policy and coverage that's right for you. Contact an Agent today to get started.
1ErieSecure® is not available in North Carolina. See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer.
2Guaranteed Replacement Cost requires home improvements over $5,000 to be reported within 90 days. Coverage of costs to comply with laws or ordinances is subject to limits. Depreciation may be deducted until repair or replacement is made. Talk to your ERIE Agent for more information.