Erie Insurance offers a range of services to meet family insurance needs, including a variety of home and tenant (renters) insurance policies and boat insurance. ERIE also offers a variety of business insurance products to meet the needs of both small and large businesses. Erie Family Life offers a complete line of products to meet individual and business life insurance needs.
- Erie Insurance has operations in Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia.
- Erie Insurance has more than 4.6 million policies in force for auto, home and commercial insurance, and more than 320,000 life, annuity and disability income policies in force.
- More than 2,175 agencies represent Erie Insurance in 11 states and the District of Columbia
- More than 4,500 Employees work at the company’s Home Office in Erie, Pa., and in the field offices across our territory. The Home Office alone employs more than 2,500 people. (Watch a virtual tour of the Home Office or read the transcript.)
- Erie Insurance is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates’ 2012 Customer Service Champion and is one of only 50 companies so named in the U.S. This marks the second year in a row ERIE has named to the elite list.
- Erie Insurance Group is ranked among the 500 largest U.S. companies, in terms of revenue, by Fortune magazine in 2013.
- Erie Insurance Group is the 23rd largest property/casualty insurance group based on Policyholder surplus, and the 18th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premiums written. It is the 12th largest auto insurer and 14th largest home insurer in the country based on direct premiums written, and the 2nd largest auto insurer in Pennsylvania.
- Erie Family Life ranks as the 110th largest life insurance company based on admitted assets, and the 55th largest life insurance company based on net premiums.
- ERIE’s property/casualty companies are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, the leading authority on insurance companies.
- The Erie Family Life Insurance Company is rated A (Excellent) rating by A.M. Best Company.
- Erie Insurance is included in Ward Group’s 2013 national list of Top 50 Performing Property/Casualty insurers for financial stability, consistency and performance.
For more information, read what our customers
say about our service and coverage with auto insurance and the company's other
Last updated November 18, 2013