Why Work for ERIE?
As an ERIE employee, you will be a part of a team and a company that has more than 85 years of experience in the insurance industry.
ERIE is committed to employee growth and development, offering a variety of educational programs and opportunities at our Home Office, in our field offices and online.
ERIE started in 1925 as a Pennsylvania auto insurer. We've grown into a multi-line insurer, offering home, business and life insurance in 11 states and the District of Columbia. ERIE is recognized nationally for claims and superior customer service. Here are more details about how we stack up:
- 20th largest1 property/casualty insurer and 12th largest2 auto insurer in the U.S. – covering more than 4.5 million autos, homes, businesses and lives
- Among Ward's 50 Top Performers - based on financial stability and performance
- Rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- Ranked among the 500 largest U.S. companies, in terms of revenue, by Fortune magazine in 2012
- Named a J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 Customer Service Champion and is one of only 50 companies so named in the U.S.
- Honored by the National Business Group on Health for promoting a healthy workplace.
- Named a top insurance company by Professional Women’s Magazine
But the key ERIE difference is our people. At ERIE, you can count on:
- Communication - At ERIE, we believe that the best products and the best service are only as strong as the relationships behind them. An "open door" policy and open communication have been a part of ERIE's culture since the beginning. Whether between the company and employees, or employees and customers, communication and relationship building continually make the key difference.
- Teamwork - Employees share a sense of pride and are committed to the company and the work we do together, as a team.
- Community service - ERIE's commitment to community service and corporate philanthropy is deeply rooted in our history. In addition to supporting local charities across our footprint, ERIE established the Erie Insurance Giving Network in 2011 to help connect ERIE's diverse talent and financial resources to non-profit organizations whose programs align with our focus on: community building, safety and environmental responsibility. ERIE's corporate partners are the American Red Cross, United Way, Habitat for Humanity and local community foundations.
For more information about ERIE, refer to the company history profile, legacy of service video, or take a virtual tour of the Home Office (read the transcript).
To join our team, apply today.
1 Based on total lines net premiums written
2 Based on direct premiums written