Erie Insurance offers numerous auto insurance discounts on auto insurance policies. Our auto discounts are just
one way we keep rates reasonable and fair while insuring your family’s vehicles with the most comprehensive coverage available.
No Auto Policy Surcharges for Safe Drivers
Good drivers and long-term Erie Insurance customers are rewarded with:
- First accident forgiveness – If you qualify, ERIE will not surcharge
your auto policy the first time you’re in an at-fault auto accident.
- Feature 15 – After your auto insurance policy has been continuously in force for 15 years with Erie Insurance, your policy will never be surcharged for an "at-fault" accident again. Availability varies by state; check with your Erie Insurance Agent.
Car Safety Equipment Discounts
You can save money on your auto insurance policy if your car is equipped with:
- Passive restraints like factory-installed air bags
- Anti-theft devices, including active or passive anti-theft auto devices.
- Anti-lock brakes on all four wheels.
- Multi-Car Discount – Available if you insure two or more cars with ERIE. All of the vehicles
must be owned and used by a named insured and/or relatives residing in the same household.
- Multi-Policy Discount – Available if you have a qualifying
life insurance policy (not available in New York) or home policy from ERIE in addition to your auto insurance.
Other Auto Insurance Discounts
Claims-free drivers may qualify for:
- Safe Driver Discount – Available for new Policyholders who are claims- and
violation-free for the past three to five years (varies by state).
- Pioneer Experience Rating Credit (PERC) – Available if you have been continuously insured with ERIE for
at least three years and have a good claims history, a discount is available.
Young drivers may qualify for:
- Youthful Driver Discount – Unmarried drivers under 21 who reside with their parents may be eligible for additional savings (not available in North Carolina).
- Driver Training Discount – Young drivers under age 21 who have completed an accredited driver-training course may be eligible to receive this discount (not available in North Carolina).
Drivers age 55 and over may qualify for:
- Age 55 and Over Discount – Available if the insured is the principal driver of the car.
- Accident Prevention Course Discount – Claims-free drivers (no age restriction in New York) who have successfully completed an approved driver improvement course within the last three years may be eligible for this discount (only available in Illinois, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia).
If you don't drive your car often, you could save more with:
- Reduced Usage – If your car is unused for at least 90 consecutive days during the policy period, you may qualify.
This discount cannot be added retroactively.
- College Student Discount – Unmarried, full-time college students who spend most of the college term away from home, without the use of a car, are eligible to receive this discount (not available in North Carolina).
ERIE’s payment plans provide another opportunity to save money. By paying your auto premium in one lump sum, you avoid charges for monthly
installments. Policyholders can save up to 7 percent by selecting Payment
Plan A or B (savings vary by state).
Reviewing your car insurance coverage with your Agent each year may identify possible discounts and uncover necessary coverage changes.
Talk with your Erie Insurance Agent today or find an Agent near you.