Because the income derived from your business is of vital importance to you, income protection coverage is included in your Ultrapack PlusSM policy.*
This important coverage benefits you in the following ways:
- It guarantees your income to continue for up to 12 consecutive months while your business is suspended due to a covered loss, if damage to your property interferes with normal operations.
- Your coverage will be triggered in the event of a total interruption of business or a partial interruption of your business.
- During the critical seven-day period after a loss, ERIE will advance you up to $100 per day while you determine your actual loss.
- You will be reimbursed for extra expenses incurred to continue nearly normal operations.
- Coverage for full resumption of operations will be available for an additional 60 days, if your income after you resume operations is less than it was before your loss.
- Civil authority coverage will apply up to three weeks with a 72- hour waiting period, if you are prohibited access to your business by a civil authority due to a covered peril.
The Ultrapack Plus also includes
- Contingent Business Interruption - You will be reimbursed for lost profits and extra expenses resulting from an interruption of business at the premises of a customer, supplier or a neighboring business that your company depends upon to attract customers.
- Income Protection-Off Premises Utility Service Failure - This coverage applies to a suspension of operations at your business caused by an interruption in utility service, such as electric, water or communications.
For more information about income protection coverage, contact an ERIE Agent.
* See individual policies for specific details of coverages. Certain terms, exclusions and limitations apply.