Workers' Compensation: Claims Injury Reporting
ERIE's Workers' Compensation Customers are required to report any work related injuries immediately by following these steps:
- Report all injuries by telephone or fax to the nearest ERIE branch or claims office. Erie Insurance will contact the injured employee and employer within 24 hours of receiving the claim report.
- Submit an accident investigation report, after reporting your claim.
- ERIE will file all required reports with the state workers' compensation agencies. For your reference, visit the state agency Web sites to view the forms for first report of injury.
Injury Information ERIE Will Need
Information to have on hand when you call ERIE to report an injury:
- Employer tax ID number
- Your Workers' Compensation policy number
- Name, address and phone number of injured worker
- Worker's social security number
- Date of birth, sex, and marital status
- Number of dependents
- Occupation/job title and wage information
- When, where and how the injury occurred
- Type of injury and exact body part injured
- Date disability began and last full day paid
- Date employee reported the injury
- Names of any witnesses
- Name, address and phone number of physician or hospital
- Anticipated date of return to work
For more information, contact your ERIE Agent.
If you suspect insurance fraud, call ERIE's toll-free Fraud Hotline at (800) 368-6696 or make a report by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org