Extracover – Home Insurance Coverage
Erie Insurance's mid-range HomeProtector package of protection, Extracover*, safeguards your:
- Home and any attached structures.
- Other structures at your premises that are separate from the dwelling.
- Personal property wherever it may be.
- Loss of use, which covers the additional living expenses you incur due to temporary relocation.
- Personal liability for bodily injury, property damage or personal injury claims brought against you anywhere in the world.
- Medical payments to others who are injured in an accident arising from your premises or personal activities.
The Extracover Policy protects you and your family with more than 50 extra features, including:
- Coverage up to $2,500 for loss due to theft, forgery or unauthorized use of a credit card and unknowingly accepting counterfeit money.
- Payment up to the personal property limit for loss to contents of a refrigerator or freezer from either power or mechanical failure.
- Coverage up to $3,000 for theft of jewelry, watches and furs.
- Reimbursement for fire extinguisher recharge after a fire loss.
- Payment for replacement of automatic garage door transmitters that have been stolen. Coverage is also provided for cost to reprogram the frequency on additional transmitters and/or the control unit box.
- Coverage up to $3,000 for theft of guns and related equipment.
Some optional coverages you may choose to add to your Extracover Policy include:
- Replacement cost settlement on personal property
- Sewer or drain back-up
- Incidental business occupancy
- Earthquake coverage
- Scheduled personal property
- Enhancement endorsement
- Expanded endorsement
- Dwelling and other structures siding and/or roofing restoration coverage
- Identity recovery coverage
Need a quote? To get started, contact an Erie Insurance Agent.
*See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply.