Renters Insurance - ERIE's HomeProtector Program
Protect your apartment and your belongings from burglary, fire or other damage with ERIE's Tenantcover Policy. This coverage — part of ERIE's HomeProtector Program — is broad in coverage and solid in extra features.* It offers coverage for:
Personal property, wherever it may be.
If you live in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia, check out ErieSecure HomeSM.
- Loss of use, which covers the additional living expenses you incur due to temporary relocation.
- Personal liability for bodily injury, property damage or personal injury claims brought against you anywhere in the world.
- Medical payments to others who are injured in an accident arising from your premises or personal activities.
The Tenantcover Policy protects you with more than 50 extra features, including:
- Coverage up to $2,500 for loss due to theft, forgery or unauthorized use of a credit card and unknowingly accepting counterfeit money.
- Payment up to the personal property limit for loss to contents of a refrigerator or freezer from either power or mechanical failure.
- Coverage up to $3,000 for theft of jewelry, watches and furs.
- Reimbursement for fire extinguisher recharge after a fire loss.
- Payment for replacement of automatic garage door transmitters which have been stolen. Coverage is also provided for cost to reprogram the frequency on additional transmitters and/or the control unit box.
- Coverage up to $3,000 for theft of guns and related equipment.
Some optional coverages you may choose to add to your Tenantcover Policy include:
- Replacement cost settlement on personal property
- Sewer or drain backup
- Incidental business occupancy
- Earthquake coverage
- Scheduled personal property
- Expanded endorsement
- Identity recovery coverage
Need a quote? To get started, contact a local Erie Insurance Agent.
*See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply.