Learn about ERIE's Identity Recovery Assistance Process
In addition to paying for the expenses associated with restoring your identity, ERIE's Identity Recovery and Fraud Reimbursement Coverage walks you through the recovery process and provides you with top-notch case management services.
When you call our hotline with a potential identity theft or fraud claim, our trained customer service representatives will:
- Contact the fraud departments of the three major credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your credit file. This alert requires creditors to contact you before opening any new accounts or making any changes to your existing accounts.
- Order copies of your credit report from all three of the major credit bureaus to review recent activity.
- Close accounts that you believe were tampered with or opened fraudulently.
- Write letters on your behalf to the Social Security Administration or other government entities.
- Provide legal referrals for assistance with court appearances or other legal situations.
- Keep detailed records of the steps taken and remaining to restore your identity.
ERIE's case manager services can dramatically reduce the average time it will take you to restore your identity and credit ratings.
If you need to report this type of claim, call ERIE's Identity Recovery hotline at 1-866-ERIENOW (1-866-374-3669).