A.M. Best is the largest and longest-established company devoted to issuing in-depth reports and financial strength ratings about insurance organizations.A.M. Best has affirmed that:
- The property/casualty affiliates of Erie Insurance Group have Best's rating of A+ (Superior)
- Erie Family Life Insurance Company has Best's rating of A (Excellent).
Since 1928, Erie Insurance has maintained an A.M. Best rating of A (Excellent), or better, every year except for one. In 1938, Erie Insurance received a B+ (Very Good) rating.
For more information visit: http://www.ambest.com/.
Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles
The Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles award rewards those organizations that have found creative solutions to advancing the well-being of employees.
Winners of the Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles awards were honored in one of three categories:
- Platinum, for established workplace well-being programs with measurable success and documented outcomes;
- Gold, for creating cultural and environmental changes that support employees who are committed to long-term behavior changes; and
- Silver, for employers who have launched programs or services to promote living a healthier lifestyle.
For more information, visit: https://www.businessgrouphealth.org/bestemployers/index.cfm.
Find out what Consumer Reports says about Erie Insurance’s home insurance coverage in the September 2012 issue. Read a summary of the article as reported by the newspaper media.
Erie Times-News Commitment to Erie Award
ERIE was one of two companies in 2012 to receive the first annual Commitment to Erie Award from the Erie Times-News. Read the full story on goerie.com.
FlexJobs Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs
Erie Insurance is ranked No. 69 among 100 companies to watch for remote job opportunities in 2015. FlexJobs conducted the analysis of more than 30,000 companies and their job posting activity during 2014. About a quarter of ERIE’s workforce take advantage of flexible work arrangements.
The FORTUNE 500 is an annual list compiled and published by FORTUNE Magazine that ranks the top 500 U.S. closely held and public corporations as ranked by their gross revenue after adjustments made by FORTUNE to exclude the impact of excise taxes companies collect. The list includes publicly and privately-held companies for which revenues are publicly available. The first FORTUNE 500 list was published in 1955.
- 2015 - 436th
- 2014 - 416th
- 2013 - 455th
- 2012 - 497th
- 2011 - 461st
- 2010 - 484th
- 2009 - 686th
- 2008 - 488th
- 2007 - 463rd
- 2006 - 421st
- 2005 - 425th
- 2004 - 368th
- 2003 - 454th
For more information, visit: http://www.fortune.com/.
Great Place to Work
Great Rated! by Employees. The Rating and Review highlights what makes ERIE’s workplace culture great in areas like professional development and training, company atmosphere, benefits and rewards.
J.D. Power is a global marketing information firm that conducts independent and unbiased surveys of customer satisfaction, product quality and buyer behavior.
- 2015 – Erie Insurance ranked the highest in Mid-Atlantic Region on J.D. Power’s 2015 U.S. Auto Insurance Study. (Read more.)
- 2015 – Erie Insurance receives top spot on J.D. Power’s 2015 Insurance Shopping Study three years in a row. (Read more.)
- 2014 - Erie Insurance ranked highest on J.D. Power's Small Business Commercial Insurance Study two years in a row. (Read more.)
- 2014 - ERIE ranks the "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with the Auto Insurance Purchase Experience" in the J.D. Power 2014 Insurance Shopping StudySM. (Read more.)
- 2013 - ERIE ranks the "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with the Auto Insurance Purchase Experience" in the J.D. Power 2013 Insurance Shopping StudySM. (Read More)
- 2012 - Erie Insurance is ranked highest in the Mid-Atlantic on J.D. Power' 2012 U.S. Auto Insurance StudySM. (Read More)
- 2012 - 2012 Customer Service Champion--one of only 50 companies in the U.S. to earn the distinction this year, and the second year in a row that ERIE was named to the elite list. (Read more)
- 2011 - Erie Insurance is named a J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion and is one of only 40 companies so named in the U.S. (Read more)
- 2010 - For the third consecutive year, Erie Insurance earned the highest ranking among auto insurance companies for satisfying new buyers with their purchase experience, according to the J.D. Power 2010 Insurance Shopping StudySM. (Read more)
- 2009 - For the second consecutive year, Erie Insurance earned the highest ranking among auto insurance companies for satisfying new buyers with their purchase experience, according to the J.D. Power 2009 Insurance Shopping StudySM. (Read more)
- 2008 - Erie Insurance earned the highest ranking among auto insurance companies for the Highest in New Buyer Satisfaction with the Auto Insurance Purchase Experience, according to the J.D. Power 2008 Insurance Shopping StudySM. (Read more)
- 2006 - For the second consecutive year, Erie Insurance earned the highest ranking in the J.D. Power 2006 Collision Repair Satisfaction StudySM of consumers who file an auto insurance claim.
- 2005 - Erie Insurance earned the highest ranking in the J.D. Power 2005 Collision Repair Satisfaction StudySM of consumers who file an auto insurance claim.
- 2001 - Erie Insurance ranked highest in overall satisfaction for homeowners insurance, according to the inaugural J.D. Power 2001 Homeowners Insurance StudySM.
For more information, visit: http://www.jdpower.com/.
Annually, Ward Group analyzes the financial performance of over 3,000 property-casualty insurance companies and nearly 800 life-health insurance companies domiciled in the United States and identifies the top performers in each segment.
Each of the top 50 companies is awarded the Ward's 50® Seal and their names are listed as the Ward's 50® Top Performers for the year. Each Ward's 50® company has passed all safety and consistency screens and achieved superior performance over five years analyzed.
Years Erie Insurance Group was recognized as a top performing property-casualty company:
- 2014 - Seventh consecutive year and 17th time overall
- 2013 - Sixth consecutive year and 16th time overall
- 2012 - Fifth consecutive year and the 15th time overall
- 2011 - Fourth consecutive year and the 14th time overall
- 2010 - Third consecutive year and the 13th time overall
- 2009 - Second consecutive year and the 12th time overall
- 2008 - 11th time overall
- 1991-2000 - 10 years in a row
Years Erie Family Life Company was recognized as a top performing life insurer:
For more information, visit: http://www.wardinc.com/wards50/.