Joseph W. McCartin Insurance in Beltsville, Maryland, has been earning customers’ trust since 1967. Their talented staff is always ready to advise insurance solutions: their extensive knowledge helps them assist over 8,000 customers with their insurance needs.
Extensive Industry Experience
The agency was established in 1967, just a few miles from their current location, and they also have a secondary location in Centreville, Maryland. Providing great insurance service is important to the agency and especially principal agent Michael McCartin.
Mike earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Maryland before working at the agency. He has 26 years of industry experience and currently holds two insurance designations: the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) designations.
The agency’s 16 staff members have over 225 years combined insurance experience. To them, insurance is not just a job, it’s a career. They are very proud of what they do and strive to share their knowledge with customers to help them get the best products for their situation.
Awards and Recognition
The agency has been the recipient of a number of awards from Erie Insurance over the years. A few of these are the F.W. Hirt Quality Agency Award, the Branch Elite Award and the Samuel P. Black Award.
Supporting Community and Education
Education and community involvement are all causes important to this agency. Joseph W. McCartin Insurance sponsors many different organizations including Beltsville Academy, a local primary school, and Our Lady of Good Counsel High School. They also belong to the Olney Chamber of Commerce.
Mike is involved on a number of boards with a variety of organizations including:
- Board of Directors member for Big I Reinsurance Company
- Board of Directors member and Chairman for Big I MEP (Multiple Employer Plan) 401(k) plan
- Board of Directors member for the Catholic Business Network of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Board of Directors member and past president of the Landscape Contractors Association (LCA)
- Board of Directors member and past president of the Independent Insurance Agents of Maryland (IIAMD)
- Chairman, Agency Administrative Services (AAS/IIABA)
- Past Maryland State National Director of the IIABA
- Board of Trustees member and Chairman of the Parent Leadership Council of Roanoke College, 2016-2017
- President’s Council of Advisors for Our Lady of Good Counsel High School, 2015-2016
Visit the Agency
Joseph W. McCartin Insurance is located right off Interstate 95 and Capital Beltway 495 on Sunnyside Avenue in Beltsville, Maryland. They are just a few miles from the University of Maryland’s flagship campus in College Park, Maryland. They have a secondary location in Centreville, Maryland.
Erie Insurance sells auto, home, life and business insurance through our network of independent agents in 12 states and the District of Columbia.