June 11, 2012 - After hours — if not days — of negotiating, the joyous day has finally arrived. You’ve signed the paperwork and it’s time to drive your new car off the lot and into your driveway.
What about insurance for your new wheels? Have you contacted your local ERIE Agent?
Here are several reasons why you should consider ERIE for your auto insurance. If you’re already a Customer, this list also helps confirm you’ve made the best choice for coverage.
- ERIE Rate LockSM – Accidents happen. Rate increases don’t have to. With ERIE Rate Lock, your rate stays the same until you add or remove a vehicle from your policy, add or remove a driver, or change the address where you garage your car1. Traffic tickets, fender benders, not even scheduled rate changes will impact your rate, unless you meet one of those three criteria. (Not available in North Carolina, Maryland and New York. Rate Lock is also limited to three years in Virginia.)
- Diminishing deductible – How’s this for an “anniversary gift”? For each consecutive claims-free policy year that you’re insured with ERIE, we’ll reduce your deductible by $100 — up to $500. See, it does pay to be a good role model. It’s available through ERIE’s Auto Enhancement Endorsement. (In Pennsylvania, the deductible cannot be reduced to less than $100.)
- First accident forgiveness – Others talk about first accident forgiveness as if it were the hottest new thing. ERIE has offered it since 1991. And best of all, we’ll guarantee that your auto policy won’t be surcharged the first time you’re in an “at-fault” accident. It’s available to Customers who have been with ERIE for at least three years.
- Total car replacement – ERIE will pay to replace your car if it is two years old or less2 and is a total loss. It’s available through the New Auto Security Coverage Endorsement in conjunction with the purchase of both collision and comprehensive coverage. (It’s not available in New York and North Carolina.)
- A premium on loyalty – When you reward ERIE with your continued business, the company will repay you with a special feature. After your auto insurance policy has been continuously in force for 15 years with ERIE, it will not be surcharged for an “at-fault” accident again3.
- More than a dozen ways to save – Are you a safe driver? Do you have more than one policy with ERIE? There are more than a dozen discounts to take advantage of, and also more than 30 features are included in your auto policy at no additional charge or premium4.
- Agents that go the extra mile – ERIE Agents take pride in what they do to protect and serve you. When it comes time to file a claim, ERIE Agents are on the case. And ERIE’s trained adjusters will work to settle your claim quickly and fairly.
- Getting back on the road. Fast. We appreciate how important your car is to your daily routine, so you can depend on our agency and ERIE to get you up and running as conveniently as possible. Sure, ERIE has a Web site and convenient toll-free number to call, but what really makes the difference is the people. We’re not satisfied unless you’re completely satisfied.
Get a 12-month auto insurance quote online or contact a local Erie Insurance Agent for more information about ERIE’s coverage options.
1 ERIE Rate LockSM does not guarantee continued insurance coverage. Insured must meet applicable underwriting guidelines. Premium may change if you make a policy change. Patent pending.
2 Vehicle age is determined by subtracting the model year of the vehicle from the year of inception of the current policy period at time of claim.
3 Availability of this feature varies by state and by insuring company. Does not guarantee continued coverage.
4 Discounts are subject to eligibility criteria and applicable rate and rules. Actual savings vary.