There are lots of ways Erie Insurance can save you money on your car insurance. Our discounts are just one way we keep rates reasonable and fair while insuring your vehicles with outstanding coverage. ERIE offers the protection you need, and the service you expect, all at a great price. 1
Erie Insurance can also help you avoid auto insurance rate increases with the ERIE Rate Lock® feature. Ask a local ERIE Agent about getting an auto insurance quote that includes ERIE Rate Lock®.
Rewards for Safe Drivers
If you’re a safe driver with a good claims history, you could qualify for a discount. That’s just one way to keep some cash in your pocket. As an Erie Insurance Customer, you may also qualify for:
- First accident forgiveness –After three claims-free years, ERIE will not surcharge your auto policy the first time you’re in an at-fault car accident. (It is available immediately in North Carolina and with ERIE RateProtectSM policy in New York.)
- Feature 15 – After your auto insurance policy has been continuously in force for 15 years with Erie Insurance, your policy will never be surcharged for an "at-fault" accident again. Availability varies by state; check with your Erie Insurance Agent.
Other ways you may save:
- Multi-Car Discount – A discount is available when two or more cars are insured with ERIE and all of the vehicles are owned and used by the covered driver. This discount may also be available for single car policies if, for example, you have unlimited personal use of a company furnished car.2 Ask your ERIE Agent for more details about this discount.
- Multi-Policy Discount – A discount is available if you have a qualifying life insurance policy (not available in New York) or home policy from ERIE in addition to your auto insurance. The discount is available in Kentucky when there is related policy coverage for home, boat, life or personal catastrophe liability.
Car Safety Equipment Discounts
You can save money on your auto insurance policy if your car is equipped with:
- Passive restraints like factory-installed air bags.
- Anti-theft devices, including active or passive anti-theft auto devices.
- Anti-lock brakes on all four wheels.2
Discounts for Young Drivers and College Students
Young drivers may qualify for:
- Youthful Driver Discount – Unmarried drivers under 21 who reside with their parents may be eligible for additional savings.3
- Driver Training Discount – Young drivers under age 21 who have completed an accredited driver training course may be eligible to receive this discount.4
- Youthful Longevity Discount – Unmarried young drivers may receive a credit for the consecutive years spent insured under another ERIE auto policy (usually a parent’s or guardian’s policy).
- College Student Discount – Unmarried, full-time college students who spend most of the college term away from home, without the use of a car, may be eligible to receive this discount.3
Discounts for Drivers Age 55 and Older
Drivers age 55 and over may qualify for:
- Age 55 and Over Discount – A discount is available if the insured is the principal driver of the car.2
- Accident Prevention Course Discount – Claims-free drivers (no age restriction in New York) who have successfully completed an approved driver improvement course within the last three years may be eligible for this discount (only available in Illinois, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia).
Reduced Usage and Payment Plan Savings
You could save more with:
- Reduced Usage – If your car is unused for at least 90 consecutive days during the policy period, you may qualify for this discount. It cannot be added retroactively.2
- Payment plans – ERIE’s payment plans provide another opportunity to save money. By paying your auto premium in one lump sum , you avoid charges for monthly installments. Customers can also save by selecting Payment Plan A or B (savings vary by state).5
Reviewing your car insurance coverage with your Agent each year may identify possible discounts you could be receiving and reveal necessary coverage changes. Contact a local Erie Insurance Agent today.
1 Discounts subject to eligibility criteria and rates and rules in effect at the time of purchase. See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer.
2 Not available in Kentucky.
3 Not available in North Carolina.
4 Not available in North Carolina or Kentucky.
5 Payment Plan B is not available in Kentucky.