Erie Insurance offers several car insurance payment options to match your needs. These savings vary by state and policy. Contact your ERIE Agent to learn more.
Car Insurance Payment Options
Payment Plan A** – Your entire car insurance premium is due on the policy effective date. With this plan, you can save up to 7 percent on your premium in most states (up to 11 percent in Kentucky).
Payment Plan B** – The car insurance premium is due in three equal installments: on the policy effective date, within 30 days of the effective date, and within 60 days of the effective date. With this plan, you can save up to 5 percent on your premium. This plan is not available in Kentucky.
Payment Plan C – car insurance premium is due in three installments*:
- One quarter is due on the policy effective date.
- The second quarter is due within 30 days of the policy effective date. This means that one half of the premium is paid within 30 days.
- The second half is due within 6 months of the policy effective date.
Payment Plan D – One quarter of the car insurance premium is due every three months.*
Monthly – The car insurance premium is due in nine equal installments for the first nine months of the policy’s effective period.*This plan is not available in Kentucky.
*Note: An installment service charge is added to each payment after the first.
**Note: Effective March 1, 2016, credit cards are not accepted on pay plans A and B. This change impacts all lines of business (excluding Surety, short-term commercial policies and life products*) in all states (excluding Maryland due to state regulations). You will not be able to pay your insurance premiums by credit card if you select Pay Plans A (pay in full) or B (pay within 60 days).
Other Options: Combine your Billing Statements
Account Billing – Two to twenty five policies billed on a single statement.
- In addition to the payment plans listed above, ERIE offers semi-annual, 10 month, 11 month and 12 month pay plans for account billing.
- Each policy can have a different effective date
- Not available for Life policies or Surety Bonds for businesses.
- To activate the plan, contact your Agent.
*Note: Account billing is not available in Kentucky.
Other Options: Ways to Pay
ERIExpressPay® – Single policy, twelve-month payment plan for new and existing policies.
- Available for all Property and Casualty lines of business except Bonds, Flagship Auto and assigned risk policies.
- Automatic withdrawal from checking/savings account.
- Two month down payment is recommended.
Once you pick one of these options, you can make your payments electronically, in person or by phone.
Still have questions? Check out the frequently asked questions and answers or contact your local Erie Insurance Agent for more information.