Appointment Process - How to Become an ERIE Agent
Earning an agency appointment with ERIE may take six to nine months. Here are a few of the steps in the appointment process.
Get to Know ERIE
- Review this Web site and discuss opportunities with a district sales manager.
Complete the Requirements
- Complete application for agency affiliation.
- Discuss your choice of starting a new agency or representing ERIE at your current agency and the potential financial assistance available to you.
- Meet with a district sales manager to discuss agency opportunities.
- Obtain property/casualty and life insurance licenses if you don’t have them.
- Provide information for ERIE to conduct a complete financial, criminal and civil background check.
- Complete a business plan and five-year production plan.
Start Writing Business
- Receive final approval.
- Participate in company training at the Home Office and in the field.
- Begin selling ERIE’s competitive products.