Golf communities are as varied as the states in which they are located. Which ones are the best for you depends on where you want to live and what you want out of your community.
Travel + Leisure can help you narrow things down with their listing of America’s top 100 golf communities. Here are seven they chose that are within Erie Insurance’s territory:
- TPC at Avenel, Potomac: This community –just a short drive from D.C.—is famed for hosting PGA events.
- Bald Head Island: This barrier island has miles of beaches in addition to ample courses.
- Jefferson Landing on the New River Jefferson: This community is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, where you can hike, canoe and fly fish. And with a starting price of $250,000, homes are on the more affordable end of the range.
- Wade Hampton, Cashiers: This Appalachian valley community is close to cultural attractions and boasts one of the most impressive mountain golf courses in the world.
- Rarity Bay Lake Tellico, Vonore: Views of the Great Smoky Mountains and access to Lake Tellico draw residents in as much as the golf. It’s also budget friendly, with homes starting at $185,000.
- The Greenbrier Sporting Club, White Sulphur Springs: In addition to beautiful courses, this community also has a spa, members’ lodge, fly-fishing streams and an equestrian center.
- Horseshoe Bay Farms, Egg Harbor: Your golf membership also entitles you to beach-club privileges, access to private parks and a concierge.