Though it may have seemed to start many weeks ago, the holiday season is now officially upon us. It’s no doubt an exciting time of year in which a lot is going on.
In between all the shopping, cooking and merry making, it’s worth keeping a few tips in mind. Check out this roundup of some of the best holiday tips from us at Erie Insurance for a safe and happy season.
- Food, decorations and more can pose a threat to your furry friends. Learn how to keep pets safe around the holidays.
- Along with the many good things that originate in the kitchen throughout the holiday season, there’s something undesirable and all too common: fires. Learn how to prevent kitchen fires.
- Online shopping is becoming more popular every year. Find out how to avoid cybercriminals’ scams and shop safely online this year.
- Buying a live Christmas tree? If so, check out a Christmas tree grower’s advice for choosing, transporting and caring for a live Christmas tree.
- Candles are everywhere during the holidays. Check out the 10 Commandments of candle safety if you use them.
- Plan on hitting the road? If so, get some tried-and-true tips for avoiding car sickness.
- If you’ll be having a holiday bash, it’s worth reviewing how host liquor liability works.
A little know-how is all it takes to make your holiday season a lot safer for you and everyone you’ll be celebrating with.