June isn’t just the start of summer—it’s also the start of motorcycle season.
If you haven’t done so already, now is the perfect time to bring your bike out from the depths of your garage.
In addition to your favorite routes, you might consider checking out some of America’s best motorcycle rallies. ERIE recently did a roundup of the best motorcycle rallies in its 12-state territory. Each one offers something different and lets you explore a new city and state. To get you revved up, we listed 10 of the best motorcycle rallies in the United States between now and September.
1. Hogrock Rally, Cave-In-Rock, Illinois: This adults-only event is held on a private property in a village on the banks of the Ohio River. Top draws include games, contests, live bands and more. June 11–14
2. Harley Rendezvous Classic, Pattersonville, New York: This annual, three-day event draws riders from all over the country. If you go, make sure to check out the bike show and extensive vendor offerings. June 25-28
3. Roar on the Shore, Erie, Pennsylvania: Join Grand Marshall Jeesse James Dupre of the rock band Jackyl and sponsor Erie Insurance at Pennsylvania’s only lakefront city. This free event has multiple rides, live music and lots of events that get you out into the surrounding area. Now in its ninth year, Roar on the Shore draws more than 100,000 bike enthusiasts. July 15-19
4. Sturgis Kentucky Bike Rally, Sturgis, Kentucky: Top attractions at this adults-only event include tons of live music along with an indoor motorcycle show, dirt bike races and a charity dice run. July 16-19
5. Mountainfest, Morgantown, West Virginia: This mid-summer rally boasts multiple locations, live music, bike shows, entertainment and more. July 22 – 26
6. Wetzelland 2015, Van Wert, Ohio: Fancy a rodeo? Or how about a poker run? This adults-only event features live bands, a biker show and more. July 23-26
7. 6th Annual Hog Daze, Marion, Indiana: Before “hog” came to be associated with large motorcycles, the first Harley victory lap of the Marion International Motorcycle Race was taken with a live pig. This event still celebrates that history, in addition to featuring bands and a special ride. Aug. 14–16
8. Milwaukee Rally, Wisconsin: The largest free motorcycle rally in the Midwest runs for five straight days across multiple locations. Expect plenty of great entertainment, street parties and rides. And don’t forget to stop into the Harley-Davidson Museum! Sept. 3-7
9. Bull City Rumble, Durham, North Carolina: This world-renowned vintage motorcycle and scooter rally is now in its 11th year. As in years past, it will include a bike show, live entertainment, food and much more. Sept. 4 – 5
10. Lynchburg Motorcycle Rally, Lynchburg, Tennessee: There’s plenty to do at this two-day event, including a huge outdoor expo, motorcycle show, scheduled rides, neon light show and much more. Sept. 11-12
Finally, don’t forget to insure your bike. Like your home or your vehicle, your motorcycle is a valuable asset that needs the right protection. A local Erie Insurance Agent in your community can advise you about the right coverage and give you a free quote.