What You Need to Know About Motorcycle Insurance
When you buy your dream bike, you probably can’t wait to take that first ride. Before you do, you’ll want to get a few things in order before you set off. Just one is motorcycle insurance.
Just like you wouldn’t go without auto insurance for your car, you don’t want to forgo coverage for your motorcycle. Motorcycle insurance protects your investment in your bike, of course. But it also protects you—as well as others—from the unexpected.
There are several coverages you’ll want to consider for your bike. They include:
1. Damage to your motorcycle caused by a collision.
2. Damage to your motorcycle caused by anything other than a collision—this can include theft, vandalism, hail damage and more.
3. Bodily injury to someone else or damage to someone else's property that you cause while riding your motorcycle.
4. Medical payments to you if you are injured.
5. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in case you get into an accident with an underinsured, underinsured or hit-and-run driver.
6. Any special custom work you had done on your bike.
7. Attached side cars.
8. Road service coverage that pays for reasonable towing and labor costs at the breakdown site.
Erie Insurance now offers improved motorcycle coverage for your motorcycle so you can ride easy. Contact an Erie Insurance Agent in your community to learn more and get a free quote.