Top 5 Causes of Homeowners Insurance Claims
It’s safe to say that many people’s biggest asset is their home. That’s why it’s so important to have the right homeowners insurance for it.
It also helps to know the most common causes of homeowners claims. Here are the top five causes of homeowners insurance claims at Erie Insurance along with tips on how to avoid problems caused by each one.
1. Hail Even small pieces of hail can cause big damage. Learn more about hail and how insurance covers hail damage.
2. Wind Heavy winds, tornadoes, hurricanes--wind is one of the most destructive forces on earth. Find out how you can prepare for wind-related weather events.
3. Water Whether it’s from a natural source like a lake or river or from a pipe in your wall, water has the potential to cause a lot of damage. Learn about the ways water can soak your home and how you can prevent it from happening.
4. Fire Fires have many causes. Get the top tips to protect your home from this threat.
5. Weight of ice and snow on roofs Winter can wreak havoc on roofs. Fortunately, there are ways to protect yours.
Another way to protect your home is with the right homeowners insurance. Talk to an Erie Insurance agent in your community to learn about your options and get a free quote.