10 Ways Auto Shops Can Deliver Great Customer Service
An auto shop depends on its service in a big way. And there are certain things that auto shops with a reputation for incredible service all do.
Curious about what they are—and ready to take your shop’s service to the next level? If so, here are 10 tips to do just that.
- Greet each person who walks through the door. It’s a small gesture, but it goes a long way. If you can’t have someone at the front desk at all times, have a buzzer or bell for customers to use.
- Upgrade your waiting room. Having a mix of magazines for men and women of all ages and WiFi will make customers’ wait go by faster. Water and coffee are nice bonuses.
- Have a web presence. People want to learn about your hours and services online. A website is best, but a Facebook® page can also suffice.
- Respond to online comments. Whether someone leaves a comment on a social media page, writes a review on a website like Yelp or sends a message through your website, it’s important to acknowledge and respond to each one in a prompt manner.
- Go the extra mile. Washing customers’ cars or leaving them an air freshener shows you really care.
- Send out an e-newsletter. E-newsletters can inform your customers of specials and lets you offer special subscriber-only coupons.
- Create a customer loyalty program. Research shows that current customers spend 67 percent more on average than new customers. There are several kinds of programs to consider, so definitely read up on how to create an effective customer loyalty program.
- Offer guarantees and/or warranties on your work. Whether it’s a time warranty or a mile warranty, having one shows your customers that you’re committed to great service.
- Offer customer comment cards. Giving customers the opportunity to weigh in shows that you care about their experience—and helps keep you in the loop when it comes to what they really want.
- Bid customers farewell. Thank guests for visiting and ask if their experience was positive. Like greeting them when they enter, it’s a small gesture that goes a long way.
ERIE believes that service is as important for an insurance company as it is for an auto shop. That’s why ERIE—whose motto has been Above all in Service® since 1925—has a reputation for settling claims quickly and fairly. It’s also why your ERIE policy includes access to a local risk control consultant who can evaluate potential hazards and recommend measures to reduce common risks.
As a auto shop owner, you get these services as well as a full suite of industry-specific coverages under The ERIE Custom Collection® Auto Services Program. Contact your ERIE agent to day to learn more about it and to get a free quote.