The dangers of distracted driving are numerous and well documented. As a car insurance company that cares deeply about our customers, ERIE does whatever it can to help people stay safe behind the wheel. That includes understanding the dangers of distracted driving, including the underlying causes of the behavior, and then doing our best to educate you on how to stay safe.
Below is some of ERIE's best work on the topic, including exclusive analysis of government data (we make it understandable, we promise) and behaviors behind the wheel that cause distractions. Check back regularly for updates on this topic.
- Distractions #whiledriving Take a Doubly Scary Turn: ERIE examined social media hashtags to determine what distracts drivers the most
- You Did WHAT Behind the Wheel? People Admit to Odd Behavior in New Distracted Driving Survey: Many Americans are driving distracted—and they're doing some pretty crazy stuff behind the wheel. Learn what ERIE found out from a distracted driving survey.
- Driving Distracted? Snap Out of It.: Being "lost in thought" is the number one driving distraction involved in fatal car crashes.
- 4 New Distracted Driving Apps: New technology can help you stay safe behind the wheel.
- Can Smartphones Reduce Distracted Driving?: Drivers should keep their hands on the wheel, eyes on the road and minds on driving—anything else could become a deadly case of distracted driving.
- Teen Driving: Nine Facts Everyone Should Know: Find out which states have the least teen driving deaths, which have the most and how to keep yourself and other teens safe on the road.
- Maria’s Message Continues the Fight Against Distracted Driving: Columbus, Ohio, sports anchor Dom Tiberi continues his crusade against teen distracted driving in memory of his daughter, Maria.