After combing through some of the best business titles published more recently, Adam Groves, librarian and information resources analyst at Erie Insurance, narrowed the list to these gems. His list of book recommendations for business owners has it all with themes that include teamwork, impact, leadership and more.
Here are five books to keep your business thriving this year:
- Your ability to connect with others in a meaningful way can make the difference in any business interaction. In “Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People,”Vanessa Van Edwards offers recommendations for engaging with and appealing to customers and coworkers.
- Picking a toothpick off the floor at your home may be a no-brainer, but if you saw one at work would you ever stop to clean it up? In “The Difference: When Good Enough Isn’t,” Subir Chowdhury explains that how you answer that question—the effort and dedication you bring to your work—can represent the difference between a good worker and a great one.
- “The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact”by Chip Heath and Dan Heath is a New York Times bestseller that analyzes memorable interactions and shares tips for creating similarly rich and unforgettable experiences for customers and colleagues.
- Both the nature of work and the workforce itself are evolving at a rapid pace, and in “Reimagining Work: Strategies to Disrupt Talent, Lead Change, and Win with a Flexible Workforce,” Rob Biederman, Pat Petitti and Peter Maglathlin share strategies for modernizing your business to attract top talent.
- “Power Your Tribe: Create Resilient Teams in Turbulent Times” by Christine Comaford encourages leaders to embrace empathy and emotional intelligence to help their teams adapt and develop resiliency when managing change.
With these books, you’ll not only be ahead of the curve, but you’ll also be positioning your business for success now and into the future.
Whatever your business and financial priorities are as a business owner, Erie Insurance has resources and experience to help you address them. Get in touch with an Erie Insurance agentto learn more about business insurance, which can help protect you and your venture. ERIE agents are licensed professionals who will help you select the best coverage for your business needs.