We’d be lost without our cars. They take us to work, shuttle our kids and take us back home again. At ERIE, we get it—we’re not only providing auto insurance, but we’re also protecting how you live your life. There are so many stories that represent our “driving age and stage.”
Starting out, my 1990 Pontiac Bonneville (a real beaut!) got me to school and volleyball practice. Then my economical (and easy on the gas tank) Ford Focus was perfect during my college years and entry into the working world. Transition to today, my SUV (filled with sippy cups and car seats) accommodates my family of five and daily drop-offs and pick-ups.
My car is like my second home, and it’s functional, perfect and personal to me right now. The same goes for my insurance policy. It’s a collection of the coverages and limits that are right for us, right now. Our agent knows us and understands we’re looking to balance between the right coverage and our budget. I also know if anything happens along the way, ERIE is right there with us.
So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride through life.
As a teen, driving can be a rite of passage. Thankfully, there are programs in place to give parents and guardians peace of mind while young drivers get their first day of freedom. Here are a few common questions we hear about teen drivers.
- When do I add my teen to my policy? This is a frequent and important question.You need to add a teen driver to your policy as soon as they receive their license.
- Does ERIE offer a driver training discount? Teens can receive a discount on their auto insurance premium when they take written and driver training courses. Check with your agent on the specifics.1
- Does ERIE offer first accident forgiveness? Accidents happen. With First Accident Forgiveness, you won’t be penalized the first time you’re at fault in an accident after you’ve been an ERIE customer for three or more years.2
- Does ERIE offer rewards for good driving? Ask your ERIE agent about YourTurn®, a driving app that rewards you for being a good driver.3
Driving for a Purpose
There aren’t many days when you’re not driving from a specific Point A to Point B. Whether it’s your daily commute to work, or carpooling to soccer practice, you may feel like your vehicle is a second home.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Renting an apartment or purchasing a condo or home are big life changes. The good news: you can get a discount for having multiple policies with ERIE.4 Learn more about homeowners, condo or renters insurance.
- ERIE Rate Lock: The ERIE Rate Lock feature offers you the opportunity to pay the same premium year after year. Even if you have a claim, your rates won’t change until you make certain changes to your auto insurance policy.5,6
- ERIE Auto Plus: With ERIE Auto Plus, you can cover all of the vehicles listed on your policy for up to $35 per policy. For each consecutive claims-free year, the deductible amount will be reduced by $100 up to a maximum reduction of $500.7
- Pets: What about your furry friends? If your pet is hurt in a covered accident while riding in your car, we’ll help cover the vet treatment costs up to $500 per pet (up to two pets, with a total limit of $1,000).
Maybe this is the time of your life when you’re considering downsizing (either your vehicle or your home) and possibly using that extra income for a boat, RV or motorcycle. Maybe you’re traveling more, and hopefully, that means more free time. Whatever this stage of life means to you, there are details to your insurance policy that can help you maximize your coverage and your benefits.
- YourTurn: Are you ready to test your safe driving? When you and other drivers in your family sign up for YourTurn there is a feature that allows you to see other family members’ scores, latest location, trip details and streaks.3
- New Auto Security: ERIE’s New Auto Security coverage endorsement offers customers the opportunity to have their new vehicle (or 2015 vehicle that’s “new” to them) replaced without the worry of depreciation.8
- Rental Cars: ERIE offers Transportation Expense Coverage for customers who don’t have access to their vehicle for a particular time due to a covered accident or other covered loss. Talk to your agent about what rental car class fits your needs.9
- Full Payment Discount: There’s a discount available for paying your annual premium in full up front.4
- Roadside Service: For around $5 per vehicle, you can add ERIE’s Roadside Service coverage to your current auto policy. You will have the peace of mind knowing that ERIE has your back if something happens, no matter where your road trips take you.10
Older and Wiser
While the time in the car might not be what it once was, there are some important things to consider as you approach your golden years of driving. Enjoy these perks that come from all your driving experience.
- 55+ Driving Discount: Yes, a discount for all of your good, hard-earned driving experience. Talk to your Agent about this discount.4
- Reduced Usage Discount: If you plan to store your vehicle for 90 consecutive days or more, ERIE offers a reduced usage discount in most states.4,11
- Accident Prevention Course: Updating your driving skills, just like in your younger years, there’s a driving discount available for drivers 55+ who retake a driving skills course.12
When we say we’re with you, we mean it. You have our attention and we’re here to help when things don’t go quite right. Likewise, your ERIE agent is here to help with all of your insurance needs through every phase of life to make sure you have the exact coverage you need and nothing that you don’t.
1Not available in KY or NC.
2Available after the policyholder has been insured with ERIE for three years. Available immediately in North Carolina and with ERIE Rate Protect policy in New York.
3YourTurn not available in all states.
4All discounts are subject to eligibility criteria and applicable rates and rules at the time of purchase. Actual savings vary. Life multi-policy discount is not available in conjunction with auto policies already taking advantage of ERIE Rate Lock®. Erie Family Life insurance products are not available in New York.
5Rates subject to change if you add or remove a vehicle, add or remove a driver, or change your address or the place you usually park your car. ERIE Rate Lock® does not guarantee continued insurance coverage. Not available in all states. Limited to three years in Virginia. Insured must meet applicable underwriting guidelines. Premium may change if you make a policy change.
6In New York, with ERIE Rate Protect, ERIE will forgive the surcharge on the first at-fault accident after the policy has been in force for three years, unless the at-fault driver has received the benefit of First Accident Forgiveness under another ERIE policy for an accident less than three years ago. If an at-fault accident was over three years ago and was forgiven under another policy more than three years ago, the new policy is eligible for First Accident Forgiveness after it has been in force for three years.
7Diminishing deductible is up to a maximum reduction of $500. In New York, the comprehensive deductible cannot be reduced to less than $50 and collision deductible cannot be reduced to less than $100. The endorsement contains the specific details of the coverage terms, conditions and exclusions. Ask your ERIE Agent for details.
8Vehicle is considered new when less than two years old. The endorsement is sold on a per-vehicle basis, not per policy, and contains the specific details of the coverages, terms, conditions and exclusions. Coverage is not available in all states. Eligible vehicles must carry both comprehensive and collision coverage and replacement must be made with a comparable model. See individual policies for specific coverage details. New vehicle replacement and better vehicle replacement do not apply to leased vehicles. Only repair coverage and auto lease/loan component applies to a leased vehicle. Coverage does not include items such as overdue payments and carry-over balances from previous leases/loans, etc. When payment is made under new vehicle replacement or better vehicle replacement, auto lease/ loan coverage will not apply. Not available in all states or Not available in NY or NC.
9The six classes of rental car options are not available in Virginia or North Carolina. Transportation expenses are included in Virginia with comprehensive coverage and is optional with collision. Restrictions apply. In North Carolina, restrictions apply. Transportation expenses are only covered with vehicle theft claims. The limit is $15 per day and up to $450 per loss.
10Roadside Service coverage is only available when comprehensive coverage has been purchased on the vehicle. Limitations vary by state.
11Not available in Kentucky.
12Accident Prevention course is only available in IL, OH, KY, TN, VA, PA and NY.