The arrival of summer signals another season altogether: motorcycle season.
If you haven’t done so already, now is the perfect opportunity to bring your bike out of the back of the garage. (Or wherever you had it stored to protect it from the winter weather).
In addition to your usual rides, there are plenty of events for you and your two-wheeled baby to enjoy. Here are 12 motorcycle rallies during Summer 2018 you won’t want to miss (we picked one from every state we do business in).
- Harley Rendezvous Classic: This annual three-day rally held in Pattersonville, New York, draws riders from all over the country. Check out the bike show and buy some leather from one of the many vendors. June 21–24
- Motoblot 2018: This urban motorcycle and hot rod street rally in Chicago features a hot rod show, multiple bands, a variety of vendors and a Miss Motoblot contest. June 22–24
- Music City Motorcycle Rally: This free four-day bike fest in Nashville features music, bike performances, a charity ride and demo rides. June 28–July 1
- Erie Insurance Roar on the Shore: This year, Erie Insurance is the official title sponsor for the annual Erie, Pennsylvania bike week event. This year, join Grand Marshall Rick Harrison, from “Pawn Stars." This free event features multiple rides, lots of live music and local places to visit. And it’s popular, drawing more than 100,000 bikers and bike enthusiasts annually. July 18–22
- Sturgis Kentucky Bike Rally: If you can't make it to one of the largest bike rallies in the United States in Sturgis, South Dakota, head over to Sturgis, Kentucky, for some fun at this adults-only bike rally. This event features tons of live music along with an indoor motorcycle show, dirt bike races and a charity dice run. July 19–22
- Wetzelland 2018: This bike rally held in Van Wert, Ohio, is known for its great bands, rodeo games, bike show, poker run and more. July 26–29
- Mountainfest: Taking place in Morgantown, West Virginia, this mid-summer rally boasts multiple locations, live music, bike shows and much more. July 26–29
- Apple’s 15th Annual East Coast Motorcycle Rally: Five days of bikes, music and fun can be found in Little Orleans, Maryland. You can listen to bands at one of two stages, check out the bike show and even camp out if you feel like it. Aug. 8–12
- Hog Daze 2018: Roll into this family friendly event in Marion, Indiana, for live music, food, bike shows and much more. Aug. 10–12
- Milwaukee Rally: The largest free rally in the Midwest runs for five days and features multiple locations, great entertainment, scenic tours and a long list of planned activities. Aug. 29–Sept. 3
- Bull City Rumble: Swing by the world-renowned vintage motorcycle and scooter rally in Durham, North Carolina. The event, now in its fourteenth year, features a bike show, live entertainment, food and much more. Aug. 31–Sept. 1
- Blue Ridge Bike Fest 2018: Visit Virginia’s largest motorcycle rally at its new location in Salem, Virginia. The event is in its eighth year and features a variety of live entertainment, two comedians and a poker run.Sept. 28–29
Can’t make it to a rally this year? Then get in the spirit with Ride Your Motorcycle to Work Day on June 15.
Finally, don’t forget to insure your bike. Like your home or your vehicle, your motorcycle is a valuable asset that needs the right protection. A local ERIE agent in your community can advise you about the right coverage and give you a free quote.