If your child is preparing for an unpaid or paid internship opportunity, congratulations! Internships are a great way for students to learn about themselves, gain experience, network and more.
If you’re excited about the opportunity but concerned about everything that comes with it, don’t worry—that’s very natural. In this series, you’ll get information about:
- Why internships matter: Both unpaid and paid internships are growing in popularity as more companies use them as a screening tool for future hires. Learn why both unpaid and paid internships matter more than ever.
- Where your child should look for one: There are several ways your child can learn about and apply for opportunities.
- How to help your child find housing: Internships are often far from home and campus, which means the search for housing is on. Learn how to help your child find safe, budget friendly housing.
- How your child can protect his or her possessions and know what’s insured: Learn some simple safety tips for keeping things safe and sound.
- What personal safety precautions your child should take: Safety is always a concern, especially in a new city. Learn some ways your child can stay safe while he or she is an intern.
Finally, check out an article by one of ERIE’s own interns. It lists helpful tips your child can use to make a lasting impression during his or her internship.