Radon. Maybe you’ve never heard of it. Or maybe you only know a little bit about it.
Whatever the case, you can’t afford to ignore this dangerous gas that’s the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
If you don’t know how to protect yourself and your family from radon, now is a good time to learn. The Environmental Protection Agency designates January as National Radon Action Month.
In this series of posts, you’ll learn:
- What is radon? Learn more about radon, including where it comes from and how it travels.
- Why is it dangerous? Find out about the serious health risks radon poses.
- How does it get into your home? A high concentration of radon in your home can be dangerous. Find out how the gas gets in your home in the first place.
- How do you test for radon? If you can’t see radon, how do you know it’s there? Learn how the right test can make all the difference.
- What should you do if you find it in your home? The tests are back, and you’ve found radon in your home. Now what? Learn what level is a cause for concern and what you should do if that level is present in your home.
Ready to learn more? Then let’s get started.