You have your own space, but what about protecting all the stuff in your space? That’s where renters insurance comes in. Just like an auto policy protects your vehicle, renters insurance takes care of protecting your belongings. Even though your landlord has insurance on the building, it most likely doesn’t cover your personal belongings. That’s where we can help.
Renters insurance is really affordable and you may even qualify for a discount if you already have an auto policy with ERIE. We’ve pulled together some of our best renters info, starting with “What is Renters Insurance and Why do I Need It?” and the following blog stories:
- What is Renters Insurance and Why do I Need it?: Everything you own has value, and most people actually underestimate the value of their things. That could leave you under protected. We can help you figure it out.
- 9 Reasons it's OK to Rent: Here’s the truth: It’s OK that you haven’t bought a house yet or may not ever. Renting can be awesome. Need proof? Our blogger gives you her list.
- How to Steer Clear of Apartment Rental Scams: With more people renting, rental scams continue to pop up. Knowing how rental scams work and how to avoid falling for them goes a long way when it comes to protecting yourself. Here's how.
- 6 Ways to Master a Move: Sure, you know to lift with your legs. But what about whether or not your stuff is insured in that moving van you rented?
- 5 Surefire Ways to Make Your Landlord Love You: First impressions are lasting ones. Here are tips to make your relationship with your landlord a positive one.
- 8 Maintenance Hacks Every Renter Should Know: While most rental agreements include a landlord who takes care of your major maintenance worries, there are a few things you can do to keep service calls to a minimum and protect your security deposit in the long run.
- Who is Responsible for Repairs: Are there ever times when you would be responsible for making repairs to your apartment rather than your landlord? Double check this article in case you find yourself with a necessary repair.
- 8 Sustainability Tips for Renters: There are lots of ways for tenants to show love to Mother Earth.
Check out our renters page for more coverage information or to request a quote, and always feel free to check-in with your ERIE agent. Don’t forget to ask about that multi-policy discount, too. If you insure a vehicle and have a renters policy, you could qualify for a discount.