How business property insurance from ERIE works
Whether it’s your building, your office equipment or your inventory, every business owner has commercial property that needs to be protected. If you’re like most business owners, it would be a serious hardship to start over if something like a fire or a major theft happened to your business. That’s why having commercial property insurance you can count on is so important. Erie Insurance’s commercial property insurance1 protects protect your business with:
- Property coverage that’s covered on a replacement cost basis. That can make a huge difference for many business owners.1
- Additional coverage for your property. In addition to coverage for your building, ERIE’s commercial property insurance can also provide coverage for anything permanently attached to your building, including business equipment and fixtures servicing the premises, glass and exterior signs, lights and clocks that you own.
- Coverage for leased property. Just because you don’t own your building doesn’t mean that you don’t need building coverage. An ERIE policy can cover you if you lease rather than own your building.
- Coverage for others’ property. In addition to your business property, you have coverage for many kinds of business property of others that’s in your care.
- Coverage for a wide range of risks. You get protection against all causes of loss except ones specifically excluded in your policy. That means important coverages like mechanical and electrical breakdown and theft are available.
- Automatic inflation guard. Your policy provides you with a guard against the effect of inflation on construction costs for covered buildings. The amount of building coverage will be adjusted if necessary (and premium will be adjusted to reflect the change). You will have reassurance knowing that you have enough coverage to truly protect your business.
- Even more extras. No one likes to think about something like employee dishonesty, but it happens. We can protect your business from this and offer you numerous coverage extensions such as debris removal, accounts receivable, money and securities, valuable papers and records, and more.2
When you have a business policy through Erie Insurance, you'll also have access to a variety of resources, including assistance from a risk control consultant who can help you evaluate the potential risks your business faces and then recommend measures you can take to help reduce those risks.
A loss is already an unfortunate surprise. Don’t let the wrong coverage be another one. Get the right business property insurance by contacting an Erie Insurance agent in your community today.
1Covered property that is damaged due to a covered cause of loss will be settled at Actual Cash Value until repaired or replaced with material of like kind and quality and intended for the same use.
2Certain terms and limitations apply. See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Not available in all states. Refer to our disclaimer for additional information.