If your business has a claim, you can "green it up" with the Green Upgrade Coverage for Ultrapack PlusSM from Erie Insurance. It's an economical way to rebuild green after a loss.
With this coverage, in the event of a covered loss, you could cover the costs of replacing damaged equipment with more energy-efficient and eco-friendly alternatives such as motion-activated lights, automatic faucets and non-toxic or ENERGY STAR-compliant building materials. In other words, if your business suffers a property loss, you could rebuild or replace covered property to be more energy efficient and eco-friendly—green.
With Green Upgrade Coverage, an optional coverage that can be added to ERIE's Ultrapack Policy, you'll get competitively priced coverage from a company with superior claims service.
Green Upgrade Coverage provides:*
- Removal and disposal of your damaged property (recycled whenever possible).
- An additional limit of insurance to replace damaged property when using more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly materials. For example, if a business's electrical system is damaged and needs to be replaced, with Green Upgrade Coverage, it can be replaced with one that's compatible with solar panels.
- Expense related to green upgrades such as extra costs to reuse building materials or professional design and engineering fees.
- A 30-day extended period for loss of earning as a result of repairs being made because reconstruction with green standards may take longer than ordinary methods.
With green upgrades, you may be able to:
- Provide a healthier work environment for your employees, which in turn may contribute to higher productivity levels.
- Reduce the amount of waste and improve air and water quality.
- Differentiate your business from the competition.
- Improve building resale price.
- Reduce energy bills.
- Earn necessary points to qualify for green certification from organizations like the U.S. Green Building Council.
Ultimately, your business insurance is ERIE's primary concern, but we also care about our environment. Together, we offer businesses like yours superior products and service, along with the peace of mind that your business is well protected.
Talk to local ERIE Agent today about adding Green Upgrade Coverage to your business insurance policy.
*Coverage is subject to certain terms and limitations. See policy for details.
*ERIE's business insurance coverage is not available in Kentucky.