Through our benefits offerings and our competitive compensation package, we encourage our Employees to take on challenges and perform to their potential. We also strive to give Employees the support they need to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Above all, we aim for all of our Employees –– new and well-established - to feel welcome and included at ERIE.
Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
Health Protection Plan
- Coverage for eligible Employees and dependents effective on the first day of employment
- A choice between two Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) health care plans, or a Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP) coupled with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- ERIE provides a contribution or “seed” to an Employee’s HSA depending on the coverage elected.
- Greater benefits with in-network providers
- Plans that do not require a Primary Care Physician (PCP) to coordinate care or referrals to see a specialist
- Copayments vary by prescription; formulary and generic drugs are eligible for a higher level of coverage
- Effective on the first day of employment
Dental Assistance Plan
Covers preventative, diagnostic, restorative and orthodontic dental treatment for eligible Employees and dependents effective the first day of employment
Vision Care Plan
- Provides benefits on an annual basis for exams and standard lenses, and offers an allowance towards frames or contacts for eligible Employees and dependents effective the first day of employment
- Higher level of benefits available with in-network providers
Pre-Tax Payment Plan
- Allows eligible Employees to set aside pre-tax income to help pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and/or dependent day care expenses
- Options include a health care and/or dependent care flexible spending account
Flexible Work Schedules & Telecommuting
- The regular workweek is 37.5 hours, with office hours generally from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Employees may have the option to work alternate work schedules, based on business needs
- Working from home or compressed work weeks may also be an option in some business areas
- Annual wellness incentive program with a $250 reward for participants
- Additional voluntary health management programs such as fitness contests and exercise classes (Offerings vary by location)
- Annual company-paid flu vaccine
Employee Assistance Program
- Online resources and telephone access to confidential assistance from professional consultants on a variety of personal topics
- Available to Employees and their immediate family members at no cost
Financial Education and Counseling
- Provides direct access to comprehensive, personalized and confidential financial counseling and education services at no cost to Employees
Retirement and Financial Benefits
401(k) Employee Savings Plan
- Participants may contribute up to 100 percent of base pay, subject to IRS limits.
- ERIE matches $1.00 for each $1 contributed, up to 3 percent of base pay, plus $.50 for each $1 contributed up to the next 2 percent of base pay
- 100 percent vesting of Employee and employer contributions as soon as they are made
Retirement Plan for Employees
Fully paid for by ERIE with full vesting after five years of service as a salaried Employee
- Basic term life insurance at no cost to Employees, effective the first day of employment.
- Benefit is equal to one and a half times an Employee’s annual salary with maximum limit of $750,000
- Optional supplemental term life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) and dependent life coverage are also available
Long-Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary participation
- Provides custodial care coverage for nursing home, assisted living facilities and home care at group rates
- Convenient payroll deductions
Other Employer-Sponsored Benefits
- Voluntary participation.
- Provides proactive protection of your online personal data and protects children from online predators and cyberbullies at group rates.
Paid Time Off
- ERIE observes six fixed/office-closed paid holidays per year: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Employees also receive four floating holidays at the beginning of the year to use throughout the year
- Eligibility to accrue vacation time begins immediately and is accrued on a monthly basis
- Number of hours/days earned each month is based on position level and years of service
- Employees are eligible to elect up to 75 hours of vacation conversion payout.
- Eligibility to accrue sick time begins immediately
- Full-time Employees accrue 3.75 hours of sick time per month for a total of six days of sick time per year
- May be used for illness, injury, appointments with a health care provider or to attend to ill or injured immediate current family members
- Additional reasons for the use of sick time benefits permitted under specific state laws
- New parents are eligible for up to 75 hours of paid time off to be used during the first year post birth or adoption
Short- and Long-Term Disability Income Benefits
- Paid for by ERIE and available after 90 days of employment
Learn more about the career opportunities that are available to ERIE Employees. To join our team, apply today.
Erie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.