April 18, 2022 – May 6, 2022
1. Promotion and Sponsor: Participation in the Erie Insurance ErieSense magazine Readership Survey Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. The Sponsor is Erie Insurance, with offices at 100 Erie Insurance Place, Erie, PA 16530. All decisions by Sponsor related to the Promotion, as well as all interpretation of these Official Rules by Sponsor, shall be final and binding.
2. Eligibility: THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN ONLY TO (1) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ILLINOIS, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, MARYLAND, NEW YORK, NORTH CAROLINA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, TENNESSEE, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA, WISCONSIN AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, (2) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY, AND (3) WHO SUBMIT AN ENTRY ANY DAY FROM April 18, 2022-May 6, 2022. Employees of Sponsor and its parent and affiliate companies, subsidiaries, contractors, and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. Eligibility is also contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion starts at 12:00 am (ET) April 18, 2022-12:00 am (ET) May 6, 2022 “Promotion Period”. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeper of this promotion.
3. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Here is how it works: Complete and submit the survey including all requested information (“Entry”) during the Promotion Period. Limit of one Entry per person. Only Entries submitted and received during the Promotion Period will be accepted for participation. Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue the promotion at any time.
4. Conditions of Entry: By entering this Promotion, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its authorized representatives, which are final and binding in all matters concerning this Promotion. Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void. Only qualified Entries received during each Promotion Period will be eligible for participation. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
All requested information must be provided to participate in the Promotion and to be eligible to win a prize. Entries with incomplete, invalid, incorrect, or noncurrent information; Entries that are counterfeit, damaged, or tampered with in any way; and Entries with printing, production, or typographical errors are subject to disqualification. Disqualified Entries and Entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, stolen, or not delivered are not the responsibility of the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible if a potential winner does not receive his or her prize because erroneous, expired, canceled, fraudulent, or fake information was provided during Promotion. Proof of sent Entry and/or Entry receipt (such as a copy of a “thank you” screen or message) sent by Sponsor does not constitute proof of actual receipt of Entry for purposes of this Promotion.
Participation must be by the entrant. Participation by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial promotion, subscription notification, and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this promotion. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins; Entries through a sweepstakes club or similar entity; or any other unauthorized methods will void entrant’s Entries and entrant will be disqualified. Submitting mass Entries or Entries generated by an automated program, script, macro, or use of any other devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of the individual who actually participated in the Promotion cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected individual’s Entry will be deemed ineligible.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Promotion (including, but not limited to, tampering with applicable websites and/or phone numbers), or acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. Winner Determination and Verification: Winning Entries are randomly identified from the pool of all Entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if notified of being a potential winner, unless and until the entrant's eligibility has been verified. To be eligible, potential winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, and where legal, Publicity Release. To be verified as eligible, potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and eligibility is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and not being disqualified for any reason. In the event that a prize winner is disqualified for any reason or if a winning code is not submitted during the Promotion Period if any notification or prize is returned as undeliverable or yields an error or undeliverable type “bounce back” error (regardless if it is ultimately delivered to the recipient), or if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to be verified as eligible for any other reason, that potential winner is disqualified and the prize will remain unclaimed until the second-chance drawing occurs. Once Sponsor determines that a potential winner is eligible, the prize will be awarded within a reasonable time thereafter.
All winners of Amazon gift cards will be notified and sent their gift card via email to the address entered on the online Entry form.
For each second-chance drawing winner (if applicable), the foregoing process will be repeated to confirm verification and eligibility and to award any prize. A winners list may be obtained by sending a handwritten, self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Winners List, Erie Insurance ErieSense magazine Readership Survey Sweepstakes, 100 Erie Insurance Place, Erie, PA 16530 within 90 days of the end of the Promotion. Limit one request per household.
6. Prizes: There are 5 (five) $100 Amazon Gift Cards. Total value of all prizes is approximately $500 (five hundred dollars).
Actual prize value may vary. No compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in prize value. Sponsor will report the value of prizes to the Internal Revenue Service and other governing bodies as required by law. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other charges not specified herein, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and are nontransferable and not substitutable, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes have no cash surrender value, except where required by law. Sponsor has made no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize. Prizes are subject to availability; if any prize (or a component thereof) becomes unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute another prize (or a component thereof) of equal or greater value. Prize specific terms and conditions apply.
7. Limitations of Liability: By entering this Promotion, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, vendors, advertising or promotional agencies, distributors, any other service providers, and its parent companies, including each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents and their immediate families (spouse or domestic partner, parents, siblings, children, all of their respective spouses or domestic partners) and household members of each such individual, (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death and disability, to persons, or property; infringement of any right of publicity or intellectual property; and defamation or portrayal in a false light (intentional and unintentional), arising out of or related to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in the Promotion.IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS PROMOTION.Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules.The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) technical failures of any kind, (2) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing or computing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, or the announcement of the winner and delivery of the prize; (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; (6) any loss or damage of any prize before delivery; (7) the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize; and (8) any other errors in any materials, information, or announcements associated with the Promotion. If for any reason, an entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted by Sponsor, entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Promotion, subject to availability and provided that Promotion has not yet expired. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If through printing, production, or technical error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more than the stated number of prizes as intended and/or as set forth in these Official Rules are available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional or advertising purposes in any media, worldwide, now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity, without further payment, notification, or consideration. Sponsor has no obligation to exercise its licensed publicity rights and reserves sole discretion on whether and how such rights may be exercised.
9. Suspension: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs Sponsor's ability to properly conduct the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prizes at random from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the cancellation, suspension, or modification of the Promotion. Inclusion in such random drawing shall be the entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules including without limitation any person tampering with the entry process. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials or these Official Rules.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that this Promotion and these Official Rules (including the rights and obligations of the entrant or sponsor) and any act or omission relating to or arising out of this Promotion or any prize awarded is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions, and is subject to the laws, rules and regulations of the United States and these Official Rules. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action or claims arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Pennsylvania having jurisdiction, and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts located in Pennsylvania. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and attorneys' fees, and are limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred (e.g. costs associated with entering). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Official Rules: For a full list of details and official rules, see https://www.erieinsurance.com/landing/ES-digital-sweepstakes-rules. For a mailed copy of the Official Rules, send a handwritten, self-addressed #10 stamped envelope to Erie Insurance ErieSense magazine Readership Survey Sweepstakes, 100 Erie Insurance Place, Erie, PA 16530 within 90 days of the end of the Promotion Period.