What exactly is an annuity? It’s a catch-all term for an investment that pays over a long period or even over a lifetime. When used as part of a larger retirement strategy, annuities can serve as a source of supplemental income.
Here’s what you can look forward to.
- A safe investment alternative that includes guaranteed interest rates, tax deferral, and an option to have guaranteed income for life.
- Fund qualified retirement plans such as Roth, Traditional or Simple IRAs or a Simplified Employee Pension (SEP)
- A tax-deferred savings plan that is not subject to annual deposit limits
- Use it to rollover qualified funds from an employer’s retirement plan, such as a 401(k) when changing jobs
Erie Family Life's annuity portfolio consists of the following plans:
- Flexible Premium Deferred Annuity (FPDA) – The FPDA allows you to make scheduled or intermittent payments into a retirement savings plan that will be available when you need it. This plan can also be used as a non-qualified savings vehicle for retirement.
- Single Premium Deferred Annuity (SPDA) – If you have $10,000 or more to invest, a Single Premium Deferred Annuity is an excellent choice. You may choose a guaranteed period of 3, 5 or 7 years. Depending on the amount of your deposit, bonus rates are available.
- Single Premium Immediate Annuity (SPIA) – The SPIA is an excellent choice for someone who desires an immediate source of income. Income options include period certain, life annuity, life annuity with periods certain and joint and survivor annuity.
Contact an Erie Insurance Agent for more information.
*Life insurance and annuity products are not available in New York. Refer to our Disclaimer for additional information.