Erie Insurance offers a range of services to meet family insurance needs, including a variety of home and tenant (renters) insurance policies and boat insurance. ERIE also offers a variety of business insurance products to meet the needs of both small and large businesses. Erie Family Life offers a complete line of products to meet individual and business life insurance needs.
Facts and Statistics about Erie Insurance
- Erie Insurance has operations in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia.
- Erie Insurance has more than 5 million policies in force for auto, home and commercial insurance, and more than 330,000 life, annuity and disability income policies in force.
- More than 2,196 agencies represent Erie Insurance in 12 states and the District of Columbia
- More than 4,900 Employees work at the company’s Home Office in Erie, Pa., and in the field offices across our territory. The Home Office alone employs more than 2,845 people. (Watch a virtual tour of the Home Office or read the transcript.)
- Erie Insurance Group is ranked among the 500 largest U.S. companies, in terms of revenue, by FORTUNE Magazine.
- Erie Insurance Group is the 19th largest property/casualty insurance group based on Policyholder surplus, and the 16th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premiums written. It is the 12th largest auto insurer and 11th largest home insurer in the country based on direct premiums written, and the 2nd largest auto insurer in Pennsylvania.
- Erie Family Life ranks as the 111th largest life insurance company based on admitted assets, and the 38th largest life insurance company based on net premiums.
- ERIE’s property/casualty companies are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best, a global credit rating agency with a unique focus on the insurance industry. A Best's Financial Strength Rating is an independent opinion of an insurer's financial strength and ability to meet its ongoing insurance policy and contract obligations.
- The Erie Family Life Insurance Company is rated A (Excellent) rating by A.M. Best. and is included on Ward’s 50® list of top performing life insurance companies for 2015.
For more information, read what our customers say about our service and coverage with auto insurance and the company's other product lines.
Check out this 2-minute video to get an idea of how ERIE has helped restore lives.
Last updated July 24, 2015