For more than 90 years, Erie Insurance has been fulfilling its promise to Customers to provide auto, home, business and life insurance rooted in the principles of honesty, decency, service, and of course, affordability. Here’s how we stack up in the marketplace.
Facts and Statistics about Erie Insurance
- Erie Insurance is headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania, and has operations in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia.
- Erie Insurance has more than 5.2 million policies in force for auto, home and commercial insurance, and more than 325,000 life, annuity and disability income policies in force.
- More than 2,175 agencies represent Erie Insurance in 12 states and the District of Columbia
- More than 4,995 Employees work at the company’s Home Office in Erie, Pa., and in the field offices across our territory. The Home Office alone employs more than 2,855 people. (Watch a virtual tour of the Home Office or read the transcript.)
- Erie Insurance Group is ranked among the 500 largest U.S. companies, in terms of revenue, by FORTUNE Magazine.
- Erie Insurance Group is the 17th largest property/casualty insurance group based on Policyholder surplus, and the 15th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premiums written (Best’s Insurance Reports, 2016). It is the 12th largest auto insurer and 10th largest home insurer in the country based on direct premiums written, and the 2nd largest auto insurer in Pennsylvania.
- Erie Family Life ranks as the 110th largest life insurance company based on admitted assets, and the 47th largest life insurance company based on net premiums.
- ERIE’s property/casualty companies are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best, a global credit rating agency with a unique focus on the insurance industry. A Best's Financial Strength Rating is an independent opinion of an insurer's financial strength and ability to meet its ongoing insurance policy and contract obligations.
- The Erie Family Life Insurance Company is rated A (Excellent) rating by A.M. Best. and is included on Ward’s 50® list of top performing life insurance companies for 2015.
For more information, read what our customers say about our service and coverage with auto insurance and the company's other product lines.
Check out this 2-minute video to get an idea of how ERIE has helped restore lives.
Last updated June 27, 2016