All the Extras You Get With ERIE’s Auto Insurance Policy
ERIE’s auto insurance coverage extras go beyond standard coverage by providing you with lots of features at no additional charge or premium. Find out what’s built-in.
Covered: Transportation Expenses after an Accident
ERIE’s auto insurance policy covers your transportation expenses immediately after an accident or other covered loss, with no deductible, if you can’t drive your vehicle. It’s included with comprehensive coverage and optional with collision coverage (included in Virginia).1 If your vehicle is drivable, payment could start the day you leave your vehicle at the garage for repairs. Examples of the covered expenses could include vehicle rental fees and bus or taxi fares.2
ERIE’s auto policy will help protect your four-legged pals with pet injury coverage. It’s automatically included with your auto insurance policy and covers your dogs and/or cats that are injured in your vehicle at the time of an accident.3
Covered: Travel Costs, Personal Property, Locksmith Services
If physical damage coverage is purchased with your auto policy, Erie Insurance will pay:
- Up to $75 per person for travel costs, including meals and lodging, because you could not reach your destination as a result of a covered loss.
- Up to $350 for loss to personal property, such as clothing and luggage, that was inside the vehicle ERIE insures.
- Up to $75 for locksmith services when your keys are locked in your insured vehicle accidentally.
Covered: Damaged Windshields, Windshield Wipers, Airbag Replacement
With ERIE, our auto policy will:
- Waive your comprehensive deductible when a damaged windshield is repaired rather than replaced. That means there is no cost to you to have your windshield repaired.4
- Pay for a new windshield wipers if your windshield is replaced due to a covered comprehensive or collision loss.5
- Pay all expenses necessary to replace a deployed airbag.
ERIE will also waive your collision deductible in the event of an accident between two autos insured by Erie Insurance or if the driver, who is not insured by ERIE, is solely liable and carries adequate liability insurance. (Damage to the insured vehicle must be greater than the deductible.)5
Get an Auto Insurance Quote
For more details about ERIE's auto insurance coverage extras, 6 contact a local Erie Insurance Agent or get an auto quote now.
1In North Carolina, restrictions apply with comprehensive coverage. Transportation expenses are only covered with vehicle theft claims. ERIE will pay $15 per day and up to $450 per loss.
2 With comprehensive coverage, Erie Insurance would pay up to $20 per day. The coverage limits vary by state, ranging from $450 to $900, but higher optional limits may be purchased.
3ERIE will pay up to $500 for each pet to receive veterinarian care, up to a maximum of $1,000.
4Additional premium required for full window glass coverage in New York and Illinois, covering windshield repair and replacement.
5Not available in North Carolina.
6See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer.