How business auto insurance can help protect you
Whether you rely on a single car or a large fleet of vehicles, commercial auto insurance is something that most businesses need. That’s because an accident can happen to even the most careful driver—and these accidents can cost thousands or even millions of dollars.
Commercial vehicle insurance for both owned and leased cars and trucks protects your business in many important ways. Erie Insurance offers coverage1
- Liability if you’re responsible for harming others or for damaging their vehicles or property.
- Damages if your car is damaged or destroyed in an accident or by something other than an accident, such as theft, vandalism or hail.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists if an at-fault driver is unable to pay any or all of the costs owed to you.
- Medical costs for you or your passengers’ injuries.
Extra coverages at no extra cost
Business auto insurance from ERIE also protects you with additional features at no extra cost. They include coverage for:
- Daily costs to cover the loss of earnings when you assist ERIE in an accident investigation or defense claim.
- Legal fees if you are arrested as the result of an accident.
- Bail bonds after an accident or traffic violation that involves a car that we insure.
- All expenses to return your stolen auto to you.2
- All expenses necessary to replace a deployed air bag.
- Reimbursement for 30 days of premium paid to cover an owned private passenger auto used in Mexico and other foreign countries where your business auto insurance doesn’t apply.3
Customize your commercial vehicle insurance
Your ERIE agent understands that every business is unique and will work with you to customize your coverage. Just a few of the commercial auto insurance coverages that your ERIE agent can tell you more about include:
- Transportation expenses (for collision claim) to cover transportation costs for a rental car or bus fares if a collision puts your vehicle out of commission.
- Transportation expenses (for comprehensive claim) to cover transportation costs like a rental car or bus fares if a comprehensive loss like hail or theft puts your vehicle out of commission.
- Road service for towing and labor costs if your vehicle breaks down.
- Loss of use (income protection) to cover a business income loss when you can’t use your vehicle.
- Death and disability income benefits if a named person dies or becomes disabled as a result of an auto accident.4
- Physical damage insurance for hired, rented, borrowed autos for both collision and comprehensive auto claims.
- Trailer agreements to cover legal liability you assume under a trailer interchange agreement.
Learn more and get a quote
Contact a local Erie Insurance agent
to get a quote and learn more about the coverage. ERIE agents are licensed professionals who can help you select the best coverage to protect your business.
1See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer for additional information.
2Only applies if comprehensive coverage is purchased.
3Not applicable in New York; not available if you are employed, stationed in the armed services or attending school in a foreign country.
4Total disability income benefits are not available in the District of Columbia, New York or Pennsylvania.