What Does Business Crime Insurance Cover?
Business crime coverage helps protect you against things like employee dishonesty, theft, forgery, embezzlement, fraud and other crimes. Erie Insurance offers:
- Employee dishonesty coverage – Provides coverage if your employees illegally take money, securities and other business property from you.
- Theft of money and securities coverage – Offers coverage if someone other than an employee steals your money or securities from your building or a financial institution.
- Robbery coverage – Provides coverage when someone robs you of your business property while it’s inside your building or in the care or custody of a messenger or armored vehicle company. After a burglary, it also helps cover the loss or damage of a locked safe or vault located at your business.
- Forgery coverage – Provides coverage for losses if someone attempts to defraud you by forging or altering your checks, drafts, promissory notes and similar instruments that you issue.
- Computer fraud coverage – Provides coverage for the loss of money and securities when a financial institution receives fraudulent instructions to transfer, pay or deliver money or securities from your account.
- Employer Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) coverage – Helps cover employee benefit retirement plans against fraud or dishonest acts of those who have discretionary authority or control over the plan assets.
- Business services crime coverage – Helps protect you when your employees commit theft of money or property from your clients
When you have a business policy through Erie Insurance, you'll also have access to a variety of resources, including assistance from a risk control consultant who can help you evaluate the potential risks your business faces and then recommend measures you can take to help reduce those risks.
To learn more about our coverage options, contact a local Erie Insurance agent. Our independent insurance agents are licensed professionals, who can help you select the best coverage to protect your business.