How an ERIE Risk Control Consultant Can Help You
When you have a business policy through Erie Insurance, you have access to a variety of resources, including assistance from a risk control consultant who can help you evaluate the potential risks your business faces and then recommend measures you can take to help reduce those risks.
ERIE risk control consultants consider the size and nature of your business when they evaluate it. Our consultants can provide access to the tools you need to create personalized plans that take your business’s unique risks into account.
Every ERIE agency has access to an assigned risk control consultant—and risk control consultants are located throughout our 12 states and the District of Columbia.
Risk Control Services and Programs
ERIE risk control consultants offer qualifying commercial customers:
- Industrial hygiene and occupational health services, addressing health hazards like noise, dust, chemicals, heat, cold and more. ERIE’s risk control offers consultation on these issues through a combination of in-house staff and vendors.
- OSHA Outreach Training Programs, 10-hour construction and 10-hour general industry, available through OSHA-authorized ERIE risk control consultants.
- Infrared (IR) Thermographic Surveys are offered through a partnership with Hartford Steam Boiler. These high-quality IR services help identify issues with electrical equipment and systems and prevent electrical issues from becoming disasters.
- Enhanced Fleet Safety Services to help you manage your fleet and potentially reduce insurance costs. Customers already using telematics in their fleet management program, can opt to share their telematics data with ERIE at no additional cost via EnRoute, ERIE’s enhanced Business Auto telematics program. The program allows customers to quantify their driving activity and demonstrate to underwriting that they practice safe driving. The program will also identify vehicles whose drivers could benefit from coaching.
- Safety training programs provide our customers web-based and instructor-led safety training on a variety of safety programs. These are offered through a partnership between ERIE and Heath & Safety Institute (HSI).
- Customized written safety programs that address specific needs, hazards and operations. The programs are offered through a partnership between ERIE and Grainger and can provide advice on more than 100 workplace safety & health hazards topics through Grainger’s Online Safety Manager.
- Disaster planning resources from The Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) help customers prepare and recover from natural disasters and other causes of loss. IBHS is an independent, nonprofit, scientific research and communications organization supported solely by property insurers and reinsurers. Erie Insurance is a member of IBHS and partners with this organization to stay informed on and share the latest research on Business and Home Safety.
Get in Touch with an ERIE Agent
Risk control is just another way ERIE offers business owners great protection and service. To learn more about how ERIE’s risk control services can help your business, contact an Erie Insurance agent in your community.