Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
Here is an overview of some of the benefits available for full-time employees.
Health Protection Plan
- Medical and pharmacy coverage is available for you and your eligible dependents.
- Options include one of two PPO plan options or a Consumer Directed Health Plan option with a Health Savings Account (HSA). For CDHP participants, ERIE provides a HSA contribution of $750 for individual coverage or $1,500 for all other coverage levels.
- Coverage is available for most formulary and generic drugs; copayments vary by prescription.
Dental Assistance Plan
- Covers preventative and diagnostic services.
- Covers a portion of orthodontic treatments.
Vision Care Plan
- Provides benefits for annual exams and standard lenses, and offers an allowance toward frames or contacts for you and your eligible dependents.
Pre-Tax Payment Plan
- Allows eligible employees to set aside pre-tax income to help pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and/or dependent day care expenses.
Flexible Work Schedules & Telecommuting
- The regular workweek is 37.5 hours.
- Some employees may have the option to work alternate work schedules, like working from home or working a compressed workweek, based on business needs.
- Annual wellness incentive program for employees and spouses on our health plan with a cash reward of $250 for each participant completing the program.
- Additional voluntary health management programs are available such as fitness contests, exercise classes (offerings vary by location), annual company-paid flu vaccine and biometric screenings available (at no cost) to employees and spouses.
Adoption Assistance/Assisted Fertility Procedures Programs
- ERIE provides employees with financial assistance in connection with an eligible adoption and assisted fertility procedures.
Employee Assistance Program
- Assistance to you and your household members from professional consultants on a variety of personal topics at no cost to employees.
- Up to six face-to-face counseling sessions at no cost to employees.
- Provides direct access for you and your household members to comprehensive, personalized and confidential financial counseling, resources and educational services.
- ERIE pays the full cost of this program; there is no cost to employees
Retirement and Financial Benefits
401(k) Employee Savings Plan
- ERIE matches $1 for each $1 contributed, up to 3 percent of base pay, plus 50 cents for each $1 contributed up to the next 2 percent of base pay.
- One-hundred percent vesting of employee and employer contributions as soon as they are made.
Retirement Plan for Employees
- Paid by ERIE with full vesting for eligible employees after five years of employment.
Basic Life Insurance
- Basic term life insurance at no cost to employees, effective the first day of employment.
- Benefit is equal to one and a half times an employee’s annual salary up to a maximum of $750,000.
- Several voluntary coverage options are available for purchase (i.e., dependent life insurance, supplemental life insurance and AD&D).
Long-Term Care Insurance
- Long-term care is available for purchase at group rates.
- Offers custodial care coverage for nursing home, assisted living facilities and home care at group rates.
Identity Theft Protection
- Employees can purchase protection for themselves and eligible dependents against identity theft and cyber-bullying.
The Golden Rule is in our DNA at ERIE. We strive to maintain an environment of mutual respect. We also take seriously the needs of our people and their ideas that continually improve everything we do.Dionne Wallace Oakley,Executive Vice President,
Human Resources and Strategy
Paid Time Off
- ERIE observes six fixed paid holidays per year: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Full-time employees also receive four floating holidays to use any day throughout the year.
- Vacation time immediately starts to accrue on a monthly basis.
- Number of hours/days earned each month is based on position level and years of service. Vacation conversion option is available.
- Eligibility to accrue sick time begins immediately.
- Full-time employees accrue 3.75 hours of sick time per month for a total of six days of sick time per year.
Short- and Long-Term Disability Income Benefits
- Paid for by ERIE and available after 90 days of employment.
- Coverage levels for short-term disability vary with tenure.
New Parent Leave
- New parents are eligible for two weeks of paid time off to be used during the first year after birth or adoption.
Education and Tuition Aid Program
- ERIE offers a variety of tools to support professional development
- Tuition reimbursement is available for eligible employees.
Erie Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in order to complete an application, or any other component of the application process, please call (814) 870-7582.
Follow us on social media for the latest on career opportunities