Insurance Coverage for Car Collectors, ATVs, RVs

Whether you have a passion for owning antique or classic cars, camping in a recreational vehicle or sporting about on an ATV, snowmobile or golf cart, you’ll need insurance coverage for all your vehicles. Any of these vehicles can be added to an Erie Insurance auto policy.


You love your old car—the engine, the color, and, of course, all those curves. Tinkering under the hood or driving down the highway is the best way to spend hours of your day. As an auto aficionado, you’ve invested a lot of time and money in your car. Whether you own a classic, custom or collectible car, you’ll want to make sure that you have the right insurance coverage to help keep your investment safe.

While some insurers require a separate policy to insure antique cars or special interest vehicles, Erie Insurance usually writes them on the same policy as modern models. Having one policy streamlines the paperwork and billing for you, freeing up your time, so you can get back to your car. ERIE also offers discounts for antique or classic cars that are driven at very low-mileage; 500 miles or less per year, for instance.

Even if you never drive your vintage car, you’ll still want to protect it from unexpected events like fire, vandalism and theft. Your ERIE agent can advise you about the right coverage at the right price for your special vehicle.

Here are some of the unique cars that Erie Insurance covers.1

Cars we insure

What we look for

Classic Autos – at least 10 years old

  • Limited production or exceptionally fine workmanship
  • Has achieved rare or historical interest by being restored, maintained or preserved


Antique Autos – 25 years old or older

  • In good running condition
  • Licensed as an antique with the Department of Motor Vehicles


Special Interest Autos

  • Value is maintained or appreciates as the car gets older



Need insurance coverage for your RV or camper? We can help you protect your investment.2

When your travel trailer or towable camper is on an ERIE auto insurance policy, you can be covered for physical damage while it’s parked temporarily at a campsite and for liability damage while it’s attached to your insured vehicle.

You can also insure motorized RVs or motor coaches for the same coverages as your auto insurance policy. Ask your local Erie Insurance agent for details to make sure you get the coverage you need.


Life can be more fun when you own miscellaneous toys for recreation and sport but always play it safe by having proper insurance coverage. Erie Insurance offers auto customers insurance coverage for ATVs (all-terrain vehicles), snowmobiles, off-road motorcycles, trail bikes, mini-bikes and golf carts.3

ATV insurance (and other miscellaneous vehicle coverage) can help cover:

Check with an Erie Insurance agent to learn more and get a quote.  


If you add your special vehicles right to your ERIE auto policy, you have the convenience of one company and could end up paying less. Ask your local ERIE agent for more information about adding all your cars or vehicles to your auto policy.4

1ERIE’s stated amount coverage pays actual cash value up to the stated amount shown on your policy declarations page. Coverage is not available in North Carolina.

2ERIE only provides coverage for temporarily located recreational camping vehicles with a valid and current motor vehicle registration at the time of loss. Motor homes can be insured on an ERIE personal lines auto policy except in North Carolina where they must be written on a commercial auto policy.

3Coverage of owned miscellaneous vehicles is not automatic. Miscellaneous vehicles can be added to the auto policy only if all drivers meet current underwriting requirements and all operators are of driving age.

4Coverage is not available in all states. See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer for additional information.

Request a Quote

Get the right protection for all of the vehicles you're passionate about. Talk to your local ERIE agent.

Ready to add a vehicle?

Request a Quote